Sunday, September 28, 2008

A-"maze"-ing Fall




Hello all,
I'm hoping this little soccer picture comes out - I'm still kinda new at this. Dallas had a game Saturday. They lost but he did find out he made the all-star team.

Rachelle was home this weekend. I love having her here. She just needed a break and found some friends who were coming up the mountain so she hopped a ride. She and I went to a wedding reception of a young man in our former ward. While she hung out with friends, I went to a "movie night" with some single friends and had a great time. We watched "Calamity Jane", an old Doris Day movie - what a great flick!

Dallas is not only doing well in soccer, but is also fourth in his school on most words read for the Accelerated Reading program - he's read over 1 million words so far! Very cool!

Mitch is getting good grades in 3/4 of his classes. Chemistry is a bit challenging for him but hopefully he'll get it passed!

I'm loving my 4th graders. This week we will go on a field trip to a pumpkin patch, a maze made out of a cornstalk field, and a couple of museums in Snowflake. Should be fun!

The weather is certainly feeling like fall. Warm during the days, cool in the evenings. I think Dallas and I will go to a fall party this Friday night in Snowflake - have a super week everyone!

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Hi! Good for Dallas - in soccer and reading! We Griffith's aren't much for athletics....but love watching a good football game? Glad Rachelle got home for the weekend. I finally got her to put me in her phone - I had to beg and plead, but I'm good at that, people tell me.... Have a great week, sis!

Kari said...

Hey, the picture came through just fine! Yippee!

Good for Dallas--that's a great compliment to his abilities, making that all-star team.

AND, your field trip sounds like it will be grand. Glad you still like 4th graders!